July is National Grilling Month, so all month we’ll be bringing you tips and recipes on grilling all sorts of things. We’re continuing these posts with a less-obvious choice – fruit! (If you cannot see the videos, click here.)
(Photo credit, JHGagle) As in the past, we’ve gathered a collection of videos and links, showing different methods, tips, and recipes for grilling fruit. Let’s get started.
About.com has a general overview of fruit grilling, along with a recipe for a fruit marinade.
This video grills larger chunks of fruit without skewers, and even tells you how to make a marshmallow dipping sauce.
Alton Brown of the Food Network uses the remaining heat after cooking a grilled dinner to make grilled fruit bowls.
There are a large number of articles and recipes involving grilled fruit!
- Top 10 Grilled Fruit Recipes from About.com
- Another 10 Grilled Fruit Recipes from The Kitchn
- Food and Wine gives you a roundup of cocktails featuring grilled fruits
- A very basic and straightforward guide to grilling fruit from Martha Stewart
- Taking it up a notch is this recipe for Grilled Fruit Salad with Creamy Goat Cheese Topping and Pomegranate Agrodolce
- Sweet and savory come together in this recipe for burgers with grilled fruit
That’s all for our fruit-grilling collection. Have you grilled fruit? What are your thoughts and what’s your favorite fruit to cook on the grill? Let us know in the comments or on Facebook.